Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on the Playgroup Victoria calendar, sounds like a lovely healthy snack for the kids and it's no cook!!
- 1 banana, peeled & mashed
- 118.29 ml sultana
- 118.29 ml dried apricot, chopped
- 118.29 ml puffed rice cereal
- 29.58 ml quick-cooking oats
- 78.07 ml desiccated coconut
- Combine sultanas & apricots with banana.
- Mix in puffed rice and then oats until mixture becomes moist & dough-like.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Shape into small balls and roll in coconut.
- Serve immediately or apparently can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
I am not going to give these stars because I don't follow a raw diet. I thought these tasted a bit strange and they didn't stick together as good as I would have hoped. However, if I was on a raw diet, I might very well think these were amazing!!! I did swap out dried pineapple and dried peaches for the apricots and instead of sultanas, I used dried cranberries and half raisins. Thanks for posting!
Loved these! Great flavour, easy to make and healthy, too. :) I didnt roll the balls in coconut but instead included it in the cereal mixture. Like little said, some chopped nuts or seeds would be a great addition.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Mandy!
Made and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #50, March 2011.
DD totally loved these,especially that she got to make them on her own. Made them with soft dates instead of appricots and homemade granola.This recipe is very versitile :any nuts,sesame seeds or cereal can be added.A very good and healthy snack for our kids.Thanks for sharing.DD is very grateful too and she has no idea how good this is for her.