Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Absolutely delicious breakfast or brunch disk for 12, or double the recipe for larger groups. Bring this to work, school, or any early event and it will quickly disappear.
- 16 frozen blintzes (your choice of brand or flavor)
- 1⁄4 lb margarine or 1⁄4 lb butter
- 6 -8 whole eggs
- 1 1⁄2 pints sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nonstick cooking spray
- fresh berries, of any sort make a great topping
- Try to let eggs and butter and sour cream come to room temperature before beginning.
- Blintzes a few minutes before beginning recipe.
- This will help cooking time.
- Prepare a large, aproximately 13"x 9" glass or other baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt margarine (or butter).
- With wisk or blender on low, mix eggs, sour cream, margarine, sugar, and vanilla.
- Lay out Blintzes evenly in pan and pour mixture over them.
- Bake about 1 hour until fairly evenly browned on top. Since ovens vary keep an eye on the dish starting at 45 minutes. If not brown enough after 1 hour, continue baking a few more minutes.
- Top with any fresh berries you choose, or serve just as it is.