Recipe by Bruce Gurnick
Absolutely delicious breakfast or brunch disk for 12, or double the recipe for larger groups. Bring this to work, school, or any early event and it will quickly disappear.
- 16 frozen blintzes (your choice of brand or flavor)
- 1⁄4 lb margarine or 1⁄4 lb butter
- 6 -8 whole eggs
- 1 1⁄2 pints sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nonstick cooking spray
- fresh berries, of any sort make a great topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Try to let eggs and butter and sour cream come to room temperature before beginning.
- Blintzes a few minutes before beginning recipe.
- This will help cooking time.
- Prepare a large, aproximately 13"x 9" glass or other baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt margarine (or butter).
- With wisk or blender on low, mix eggs, sour cream, margarine, sugar, and vanilla.
- Lay out Blintzes evenly in pan and pour mixture over them.
- Bake about 1 hour until fairly evenly browned on top. Since ovens vary keep an eye on the dish starting at 45 minutes. If not brown enough after 1 hour, continue baking a few more minutes.
- Top with any fresh berries you choose, or serve just as it is.