This is a pan-cooked stuffed french toast that will freeze well. Adapt with different jams & fruits for variety. Works for OAMC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bread (your choice of whole wheat or white)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup strawberries (may use frozen berries) or 1 cup blueberries (may use frozen berries)
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam (or other jam to your liking)
- powdered sugar, to taste
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, cottage cheese, orange rind, egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- 2In a pie pan, mix together eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- 3Add 1-2 T of butter to a skillet (cast iron or nonstick) and heat to a medium temperature.
- 4Spread the cheese filling between two slices of bread and put together like a sandwich. Add slices of strawberries, blueberries, and/or a dollop of desired jam.
- 5Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture, coating on both sides.
- 6Place in skillet, cooking until lightly browned on both sides.
- 7Repeat for each French Toast sandwich.
- 8Serve hot with powdered sugar OR.
- 9Flash freeze, then wrap, label, and freeze in ziplock bags.
- 10Reheat in oven or microwave. Serve with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blintz Stuffed French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.3
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 246.2 mg
- Sodium 609.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 16.0 g