Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a pan-cooked stuffed french toast that will freeze well. Adapt with different jams & fruits for variety. Works for OAMC.
- 8 slices bread (your choice of whole wheat or white)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup strawberries (may use frozen berries) or 1 cup blueberries (may use frozen berries)
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam (or other jam to your liking)
- powdered sugar, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, cottage cheese, orange rind, egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- In a pie pan, mix together eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add 1-2 T of butter to a skillet (cast iron or nonstick) and heat to a medium temperature.
- Spread the cheese filling between two slices of bread and put together like a sandwich. Add slices of strawberries, blueberries, and/or a dollop of desired jam.
- Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture, coating on both sides.
- Place in skillet, cooking until lightly browned on both sides.
- Repeat for each French Toast sandwich.
- Serve hot with powdered sugar OR.
- Flash freeze, then wrap, label, and freeze in ziplock bags.
- Reheat in oven or microwave. Serve with powdered sugar.