Recipe by thistleridge
An unusual Christmas morning casserole. If you love cheese this is the recipe for you. Serve it with a selection of several jams, sour cream or flavored syrups. You can put it together the night before and slid into the oven before you start opening presents.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 pint cottage cheese (2 cups)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In blender or large bowl, mix butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, orange juice, flour and baking powder until well blended.
- Pour 1/2 the batter in the dish.
- To prepare filling mix the cream cheese, cottage cheese, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla till well blended.
- pour this filling on top of the baking pan mixture.
- Pour remaining batter on top.
- * Unbaked souffle may be covered & refrigerated overnight up to this point.
- Before baking, bring to room temperature.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.