a souflee that is great for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1In large mixing bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and mix well; stir in flour and baking powder and mix until just blended.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In another bowl combine filling ingredients until well blended; set aside.
- 4Pour half the batter mixture into a well-greased 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish.
- 5Drop filling mixture by spoonfuls evenly over batter, spreading it out as much as possible with a knife.
- 6The filling and batter will mix slightly.
- 7Pour the remaining batter over the top.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until puffed and golden.
- 9Or if making ahead, once dish is assembled, do not bake.
- 10Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 11In the morning, bring the dish to room temperature, then bake as above.
- 12To serve, cut into serving portions and serve with desired fruit sauce or, syrup along with dollops of sour cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blintz Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 727.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 22.2 g