Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a souflee that is great for breakfast.
Make and share this Blintz Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese (1 pint)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large mixing bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and mix well; stir in flour and baking powder and mix until just blended.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl combine filling ingredients until well blended; set aside.
- Pour half the batter mixture into a well-greased 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish.
- Drop filling mixture by spoonfuls evenly over batter, spreading it out as much as possible with a knife.
- The filling and batter will mix slightly.
- Pour the remaining batter over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until puffed and golden.
- Or if making ahead, once dish is assembled, do not bake.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, bring the dish to room temperature, then bake as above.
- To serve, cut into serving portions and serve with desired fruit sauce or, syrup along with dollops of sour cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream.