Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Blending sour cream and cottage cheese--ingredients traditionally associated with blintzes--into the batter of these pancakes provides them with their old-fashioned flavor. Top the family favorites with berry syrup to turn an ordinary morning into an extraordinary day. Another great recipe from Taste of Home's Busy Family Cookbook.
Top Review by diner524
I loved these pancakes!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe, which was really easy to do, and topped them with fresh sliced strawberries (that I sliced and then added some sugar to them to make a syrup). I topped them with a bit of whipped cream and served with bacon slices. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- strawberry flavored syrup or blueberry-flavored syrup
- fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the sour cream, cottage cheese and eggs until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle in batches; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and strawberries if desired.