Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Blending sour cream and cottage cheese--ingredients traditionally associated with blintzes--into the batter of these pancakes provides them with their old-fashioned flavor. Top the family favorites with berry syrup to turn an ordinary morning into an extraordinary day. Another great recipe from Taste of Home's Busy Family Cookbook.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- strawberry flavored syrup or blueberry-flavored syrup
- fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the sour cream, cottage cheese and eggs until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle in batches; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and strawberries if desired.
I loved these pancakes!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe, which was really easy to do, and topped them with fresh sliced strawberries (that I sliced and then added some sugar to them to make a syrup). I topped them with a bit of whipped cream and served with bacon slices. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!!
These pancakes were excellent. They really do remind one of Blintz's. The flavor was outstanding. The pancakes were light, tender and full of flavour, quick and very easy to make. I will be making these often. I made a strawberry and blackberry sauce to pour over the pancakes so decadent. Thanks for sharing this treat with us.
Very tasty! My wife and I loved these gooey pancakes that tasted more like blintzes than pancakes. The whole batch only took about 30 minutes to make and it was easy to make on a workday morning. Thanks!