Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
yummy for brunch or dessert
Make and share this Blintz brunch casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 340.19 g ricotta cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 14.79 ml melted butter
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine (room temp.)
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml low-fat sour cream
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 1 package individually wrapped caramel
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a 9X13 pan.
- Mix the first five ingredients well.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Mix in sour cream and yogurt and add orange juice.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into prepared casserole dish, layer in filling and then top with remaining batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until lightly browned.
- In small saucepan, combine caramels and water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth and well blended.
- Stir in pecans; cool until thickened slightly.
- Slice into squares and serve with caramel nut sauce on the side.
I was real worried making this. The batter was very thin. But it worked out ok.The sauce was just OK. I think I would have caramelized the pecans. The caramel sauce I would try cream instead of water. I also think cardamon and cinnamon would have seasoned the cheese filling nicely.Maybe adding sundried berries. This does come out to be a firm dish so don`t fret when you see how thin the batter is. Oh and this makes a lot more then 8 servings so if you are worried about diet it`s not as bad as you think. I would say an easy 24 servings. It is a filling dessert.