Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
yummy for brunch or dessert
Make and share this Blintz brunch casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine (room temp.)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 package individually wrapped caramel
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a 9X13 pan.
- Mix the first five ingredients well.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Mix in sour cream and yogurt and add orange juice.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into prepared casserole dish, layer in filling and then top with remaining batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until lightly browned.
- In small saucepan, combine caramels and water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth and well blended.
- Stir in pecans; cool until thickened slightly.
- Slice into squares and serve with caramel nut sauce on the side.