Recipe by C. Taylor
This is a very easy and absolutely delicious recipe. There are never any leftovers! It would even make a good dinner served with some veg and rice. I usually eyeball the ingredients, since it's hard to go wrong.
Top Review by nott
This is delicious. I made it for New Year's and forgot to review it! I am making it again tonight. My boyfriend and I both love it. Easy and simple ingredients. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 2 lbs kielbasa (low fat is okay)
- 14 ounces beer (1 bottle)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can adjust for personal preference)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam (or a similar fruity jam)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (dissolved in 1/3 cup cold water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut kielbasa into bite size pieces and put in a large saute pan. Cook on high, adding the remaining ingregients except for the cornstarch. Mix well making sure there are no lumps of ingredients.
- Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes and then add the cornstarch (dissolved in water). Bring back to a boil for a few minutes more until sauce thickens. Serve or refridgerate and reheat in a sauce pan or microwave (warning: sauce will thin out a little over night).