Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very easy and absolutely delicious recipe. There are never any leftovers! It would even make a good dinner served with some veg and rice. I usually eyeball the ingredients, since it's hard to go wrong.
- 2 lbs kielbasa (low fat is okay)
- 14 ounces beer (1 bottle)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can adjust for personal preference)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam (or a similar fruity jam)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (dissolved in 1/3 cup cold water)
- Cut kielbasa into bite size pieces and put in a large saute pan. Cook on high, adding the remaining ingregients except for the cornstarch. Mix well making sure there are no lumps of ingredients.
- Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes and then add the cornstarch (dissolved in water). Bring back to a boil for a few minutes more until sauce thickens. Serve or refridgerate and reheat in a sauce pan or microwave (warning: sauce will thin out a little over night).
This is delicious. I made it for New Year's and forgot to review it! I am making it again tonight. My boyfriend and I both love it. Easy and simple ingredients. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This was good. I left out the cayenne pepper & ginger since I didn't have any on hand. My husband wasn't fond of it, but it's simple enough to make the sauce and add the kielbasa in while doing something different for him. Will definitely make again.