Recipe by amp51
This is the blin recipe my great grandomother made for me as a young child. I've had blini topped with caviar, smoked salmon, lemon juice and powdered sugar, maple syrup, and my favorite, blackberry jam and sour cream. Just double the recipe up depending on how many blin you want to make.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour (sifted recommended, but not necessary)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk eggs with sugar and salt
- whisk in milk.
- whisk in flour.
- whisk in vegetable oil.
- heat a medium non-stick skillet over low-medium heat.
- coat the skillet with butter.
- pour about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter in skillet and spread it out evenly to the edges of the skillet.
- let cook over medium heat until the top of the blin is dry, and the edges are lightly browned and crisp.
- flip the blin, and cook for another minute or two.
- let the skillet cool a little and lightly butter between each blin.