1/2 Photos of Blinde Vinken
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 oval- shaped thin veal cutlets
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 slices dry white bread
- 1/4 lb lean veal, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fine dutch rusk crumb
- 4 tablespoons sunflower margarine
- 8 lemon slices
- parsley, for garnish
- 1Sprinkle the veal cutlets with salt, and allow to stand in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- 2Beat the egg yolks and soak the bread slices in them.
- 3Add the ground veal, peppers, nutmeg and the lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
- 4Divide this evenly among the 8 cutlets and spread on each.
- 5Roll the mixture inside the cutlets and secure each roll with a toothpick.
- 6Beat the egg whites with a little water and brush this mixture over each of the veal rolls.
- 7Cover each roll with Dutch rusk crumbs.
- 8Heat the margarine in a large frying pan.
- 9Brown each of the veal rolls, turning them occasionally.
- 10Remove them from the pan and set aside. Add a little water to the pan and stir.
- 11Put the veal rolls back into the pan and add the lemon slices.
- 12(You may have to add some more margarine at this point)
- 13Simmer the veal rolls, covered, for about 40 minutes, until they are done. Remove veal rolls to a heated plate. Remove toothpicks.
- 14Remove the lemon slices and pour the gravy over the veal rolls.
- 15Garnish with parsley and serve with rice and beans.
Nutritional Facts for Blinde Vinken
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 293.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oval- shaped thin veal cutlets