Chef Jeff S's Note:
Pretty easy to put together and very flavorful. I use New Mexico chili's but you can substitute for your own tastes and heat preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tear chili pods into ½ inch squares and remove seeds. Toast in a skillet until lightly toasted. Do not burn as it will be bitter. Remove toasted pods to a plate to cool.
- 2Toast cumin seeds until fragrant. Remove to a small bowl.
- 3Grind cumin and oregano in a spice grinder, remove to a small bowl.
- 4Grind the chili pods a few at a time and place powder in a blow. Repeat until all of the pods are ground.
- 5Sift chili powder. You should have 4 T after sifting.
- 6Combine chili powder, cumin, oregano and celery salt. Mix well.
- 7Put in a tight fitting jar and store for 6 months in a cool dark place.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blind Willyz Chili Powder
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried chili pods