Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the first incarnation of this recipe. Subject to change with barely any notice at all. In a mere flutter of an eye it could be done. So pay attention and come back often. Kind Regards, Blind Willy
- 5 -6 dried chili pods
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- Tear chili pods into ½ inch squares and remove seeds. Toast in a skillet until lightly toasted. Do not burn as it will be bitter. Remove toasted pods to a plate to cool.
- Toast cumin seeds until fragrant. Remove to a small bowl.
- Grind cumin and oregano in a spice grinder, remove to a small bowl.
- Grind the chili pods a few at a time and place powder in a blow. Repeat until all of the pods are ground.
- Sift chili powder. You should have 4 tablespoons after sifting.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, oregano and celery salt. Mix well.
- Put in a tight fitting jar and store for 6 months in a cool dark place.