Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe reportedly originated at Spago's.
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- Combine blue cheese, cream cheese, parsley, shallots and black pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir with a fork until well mixed.
- Set aside.
- Reserve 12 whole cashews, placing the remaining cashews in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade and process into fine crumbs.
- Measure out 12 separate tablespoons of cheese mixture and form each into into a little balls.
- Roll each ball in the cashew crumbs and place 1 whole cashew on top of each.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
I though I did this already, but wanted to be sure to tell everyone that is receipe is great. Added 1/2 finely chopped jalapeno to cheeses. Didn't refrigerate, no time. Great adult snack. Will use over holidays for finger food. Maybe red & green peppers in cheese center. Thanks again.