Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love surimi and I love bleu cheese. This recipe marries two of my favorites together. This could easily be adjusted into a tartlet recipe for appetizers and parties.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup surimi, krab crumbled (imitation crab)
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Saute the onions in the butter until caramelized.
- Distribute the caramelized onions over the bottom of the crust.
- Sprinkle the krab over the onions and then top with the bleu cheese, mozzarella and provolone.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and then pour the mixture into the crust.
- Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to set at least 5 minutes before serving.
Made this using 4 sheets of filo pastry instead of the pie crust...I don't 'do' pastry. Looked good, tasted even better. Threw in a handfull of scallions, 'cos I could..a very useful recipe, thankyou
Very nice, really easy to put together too. I used real crab and part surimi. We will be having some very nice leftovers for a couple of days. Thanks!
This was an awesome recipe and will be repeated in our household many times. I might add a small amount of brocolli next time.