Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a low carb bulletin board. I'm personally not on a low carb diet, and I haven't actually tried it yet, but I love all of these ingredients and this sounds fantastic!
- 1 whole deboned roasting chicken (pick up a roasted chicken at your grocery)
- 1 lb frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 2 -3 cups fresh spinach (I used 1/2 a bag of fresh, about 5 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, branch stripped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese (no green can, please)
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 5 ounces diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- This seems like a lot of work, but really isn't. I tend to go for more of the "baked" or grilled dishes on the weeknight, as they're easier, and we like getting the protein and veggies all together.
- So I de-boned the freshly roasted chicken and placed all the pieces in the bottom of a 9 x 13 [sprayed] baking dish.
- Sprinkle the drained and defrosted spinach on top of the chicken, along with the fresh spinach (yum!). Kind of mix it up with your fingers.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, Dijon mustard, garlic and spices and all cheeses-mixing completely.
- Spread this mixture over the chicken and spinach (not mixed in it) and pop into a 375 oven for 30 minutes, un-covered.
- Remove and sprinkle the ham on top, and return to the oven, running it under the broiler (on the middle rack) for about 10-minutes, until browned and bubbly.