I wasted no time in posting this recipe from the latest issue of Bon Appetit magazine November 2005. Served over a bed of frisee, (or not), this would make an ideal appetizer for the Holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 slices good-quality baguette (1/4-inch slices) or 24 slices ciabatta (1/4-inch slices)
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons minced shallots, divided
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Brush the bread slices on the top with 2 tablespoons of the walnut oil. Bake until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the toasted walnuts, bleu cheese, 4 tablespoons of shallots, and dried cranberries. Spread the mixture on the toast slices. Bake until cheese melts, approximately 4 minutes.
- 3In a separate, non-reactive bowl combine the frisee, 2 tablespoons shallots, 2 tablespoons walnut oil and the vinegar. Season with sea salt and toss.
- 4Serve with crostini.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bleu Cheese, Walnut and Cranberry Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.0
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 938.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 14.9 g