Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 12 tomatoes, small and firm
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Tabasco sauce or other hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Carefully slice the top off each tomato and scoop out the inside.
- Place the hollow tomatoes in a bowl of ice and water, and then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a food processor, puree the ricotta and cottage cheese until smooth; transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese and a dash of Tabasco; stir until blended- cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- At serving time, drain the tomatoes on paper towels.
- Stuff each tomato with blue cheese mixture and arrange on a platter.