Recipe by chia
I got this from a puterpal years ago and have been making it ever since--so creamy!
Top Review by PanNan
This is very good. I expected more of a potato soup with a hint of bleu cheese, but this is definitely a blue cheese soup with a potato and stock base. The bleu cheese flavor is strong, but nice if you are a bleu cheese lover. I used Lennie's Rescued Turkey Stock for the stock. It would be a great first course for an elegant dinner.
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry, to taste
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese or 4 ounces gorgonzola or 4 ounces Stilton cheese
- salt and pepper
- chives, for topping (optional)