Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bleu Cheese Mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- ---To prepare the mayonnaise---.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the egg, lemon juice, mustard, and vinegar.
- Turn on the motor and process for 30 seconds.
- With the motor running, slowly add the oil in a thin stream.
- When the mayonnaise has emulsified, season with salt and pepper and add the blue cheese; pulse the machine for 5 seconds.
- Press through a fine-mesh sieve and store, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- ---To prepare the slaw---.
- Toss the cabbage with enough mayonnaise to coat.
- Add the green onion and bleu cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss again.