My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Bleu Cheese Mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 1---To prepare the mayonnaise---.
- 2In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the egg, lemon juice, mustard, and vinegar.
- 3Turn on the motor and process for 30 seconds.
- 4With the motor running, slowly add the oil in a thin stream.
- 5When the mayonnaise has emulsified, season with salt and pepper and add the blue cheese; pulse the machine for 5 seconds.
- 6Press through a fine-mesh sieve and store, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- 7---To prepare the slaw---.
- 8Toss the cabbage with enough mayonnaise to coat.
- 9Add the green onion and bleu cheese.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Toss again.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bleu Cheese Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.8
- Calories from Fat 683
- Total Fat 75.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 198.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar