Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This very different sauce turns frozen or homemade meatballs into a scrumptious dinner or an intriguing appetizer. The recipe comes from a 1967 issue of Sunset.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and garlic and cook until blended and bubbly.
- Gradually add half-and-half and broth. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Crumble bleu cheese into the sauce and stir until blended. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Add meatballs to sauce and cook as directed on package.
- To serve: Spoon meatballs and sauce over the hot mashed potatoes. They are also good over hot cooked rice or noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- For appetizers: Use appetizer-sized frozen or homemade meatballs (about the size of large marbles). Prepare as above. Keep warm in a chafing dish. They may be garnished with cooked, crumbled bacon. Have picks nearby for spearing.