- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the egg, lemon juice, mustard, and vinegar.
- Turn on the motor and process for 30 seconds.
- With the motor running, slowly add the oil in a thin stream.
- When the mayonnaise has emulsified, season with salt and pepper and add the blue cheese; pulse for 5 seconds.
- Press through a fine-mesh sieve and store, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to use.