Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Made these with leftover Uncle Ronnie's Bleu Cheese Dressing (recipe available on this site), and wow! You can use any bleu cheese dressing to make these, but the homemade dressing baked into a sort of soft, but firm, coating on the chicken- have never had that happen with store-bought salad dressing. Good flavor, and melt-in-your-mouth texture, even from cheap store-brand frozen wing sections (which are famous in our house for being tough, sinewy, and flavorless). Pair up with some celery sticks and even more bleu cheese for great party food, or as a tasty late-night snack. This recipe doubles or triples easily.
- 1 lb chicken wings, 1st and 2nd sections only
- 1 cup bleu cheese salad dressing
- salt and pepper, if desired
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup hot sauce
- Place chicken wings into a sealable container; pour the dressing over all, making sure they are fully covered.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours; turn pieces occasionally.
- Heat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil, or spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll chicken pieces in the dressing to coat well; place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until browned and juices run clear.
- Remove from baking sheet when done, place in a large bowl or container, and pour the hot sauce (Crystal, Frank's Red Hot, or Bulliard's Louisiana Supreme are good ones) over the wings, turning or tossing to coat well. Serve hot.
- Prep time denotes marinating time.