Recipe by Sassy in da South
A tasty side dish for most any meal. Simple, quick, and easy to prepare.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup bacon drippings
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chopped cooked bacon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place green beans in a saucepan with one inch of water in the bottom. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Heat the bacon drippings in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add green beans, and toss to coat.
- Saute until the beans are heated through.
- Sprinkle with nuts and crumbled bleu cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with crisp chopped bacon, if desired.