Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and yummy fondue. Mixture is also good on top of grilled steaks. ZWT 3: France (blue cheese) and Swiss (fondue)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (cherry brandy)
- Heat wine and cream cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Add Monterey Jack cheese, a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Blend in blue cheese. When smooth, add kirsch.
- Serve with dippers of French bread, fresh fruit or vegetables.
This is very tasty and easy to make. Excellent with apples! I can imagine it on steak. Using cream cheese is a great way to begin a cheese sauce. Thanks lucid501 for posting!