Prep 1 min
Cook 1 hr
Simple, yummy, and versatile.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- crumbled crispy bacon (Optional)
- Mix everything together, making sure the sugar is completely dissolved, and then refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Serve over salad fixins.
- Or dip chicken wings in it.
- Or use it as a sandwich spread.
The dressing was good, but a little too sweet for my tastes.
A last minute sleepover for my 9-yr-old daughter came up, so I decided to serve this as an appetizer for my husband and me. With steaks thawing, and searching the garden for sides, I was so happy to see this dip. Key to me for these (few) dates, is having the ingredients on hand. This dip was so good! Seeing my posted picture, I served it with cucumber slices, which was awesome! Nothing better than cool cuc slices and bleu cheese! I doubled the pepper, so more heat is happening ;)
it was delicious. just let it hang out in your fridge before putting it on your salad.