Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Creamy Bleu cheese baked with sweet caramelized onions, a creamy sauce and bacon make for a great side dish when added to hash browns. Yum! My family loves this recipe. I've been making it since my grown up kids were little! You can prepare it ahead too and bake it when your ready for dinner.
- 1 large yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 6 thick-cut slices bacon, chopped
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 3 cups alfredo sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- Cook bacon until crispy in skillet. Remove cooked bacon set aside. Add chopped onion to bacon drippings and cook over med. heat until golden brown and soft. This brings out the sweetness in the onions. Remove from heat and place in mixing bowl. While your onions cook, microwave the spinach (according to package directions) until hot. Squeeze excess liquid from spinach. Add spinach, potatoes, half of the bacon, salt and pepper, bleu cheese and alfredo sauce to mixing bowl. Stir just until combined.
- Transfer mixture to glass baking dish that has been sprayed with vegetable oil spray. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30-35 minutes or until bubbly hot and starting to brown on top. Remove from oven and top with remaining bacon crumbles and chopped green onions.