Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this off of all recipes. I add a little garlic because I pretty much do to everything! They are just amazing. Serve them at your next BBQ and I promise everyone will love them. Recipe can scaled down for a smaller crowd.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 French rolls or 6 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, and mustard.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Prepare coals or Preheat grill for high heat.
- If using coals make sure colas are grey and glowing.
- Gently form the burger mixture into about 12 patties.
- 3 Oil the grill grate.
- Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done.
- Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomatoes.
These were good. I used more like 2 pounds of ground round and used a tad more of all the seasonings. I also wasn't sure how much 2 oz of bleu cheese was so I used about 1/3 cup. I spread the toasted buns with Bleu Cheese Spread "Recipe #227758". The burgers were moist and juicy and flavorful.
It's so much more fun to live daring so give this one a try. The blue cheese incorporated throughout the burger infuses flavor and kick unsurpassed by regular burgers. Oh, double the batch because these go fast. Rewarms well, too.
I made thiss recipe over the summer and the family was pleasantly surprised (as I did not tell them what was different) about the burgers. I also smeared the toasted rolls with Bleu Cheese Dressing. I can't wait till next summer to make these. Maybe I will add some crispy bacon to top the burgers!