Recipe by 2Bleu
These thick (man-sized), tender, and very creamy bleu cheeseburgers are another one of our recipes made 'on the fly' with whatever was in the pantry. Be sure and use a good quality bleu cheese (we like Stella Brand). Ideal served with with Creamy Bleu Cheese Sauce. Use pita bread and add sliced tomatoes for a '2Bleu style' gyro.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (Stella brand)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns (or Pita Bread)
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese, Sauce (Creamy Bleu Cheese Sauce)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all meat ingredients into a bowl until combined. Form 4 patties. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat oil and butter in a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add burgers and sear to brown (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Place burgers onto cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until cooked throughout. Serve with Bleu Cheese sauce on warmed buns. NOTE: These burgers can also be cooked on the grill.