Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These delicious little appetizers are a great treat to have on hand in case you get a surprise visit from unexpected company. They can be baked several days ahead of time and frozen for fututer use. When ready to serve, bake the frozen tarts, uncovered, on a baking sheet at 350 F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 dash salt
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- For the tarts:.
- Combine cream cheese and butter, mixing well. Stir in flou; chill. Shape dough into 24 (1-inch) balls. Place each ball into individual wells of ungreased 1 3/4-inch muffin pans, pressing dough onto bottom of sides to form shells. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- For the Filling:.
- Combine bleu cheese and flour; spoon evenly into tart shells.
- Combine egg, milk, salt, and hot sauce; spoon evenly over bleu cheese mixture in tart shells. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 425 F for 7 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F, and bake an additional 17 minutes or until set.
Yum! I tried half with bleu and half with parmesan. The parmesan were pretty bland, the bleu were wonderful.