Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this salad from AllRecipes to make for special dinner for my family coming over. It is fabulous! It so pretty and the flavors are so different but compliment each other so well. Serve this to company or a special dinner and you won't be dissapointed. Everyone will love it!
- 1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 pears, peeled,cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted,and diced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Toss the pears and avacado in lemon juice-this keeps them from turning brown.
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans.
- Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans.
- Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper.
- Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
- For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions.
- Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.
This was a very nice salad. My DH says he wants it made more. Thanks for posting this lovely salad.
I am sorry I thought I had clicked on the stars. This is definitely a 5 star. Margie
If you want to see your guests licking the bottom of the salad bowl, make this! People will sit around and talk about how good this is while they're fighting over what's left in the bowl. My friend Stephanie shared the recipe with me and it is possibly the best salad ever made. A great combination of sweet crunchy pecans, sweet pears, avocado and Roquefort cheese. Dressing is a wonderful compliment. Thanks, Little Bee, for posting!