Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The chicken started off as just breaded and fried, and turned into this. I served brussel sprouts with melted butter over the top along side this dish. I made this for the first time tonight. I really liked it...I am going to try different dressings and cheeses next time. I don't know why I added the egg but for some reason it just felt right...hope you like it! :D
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 -6 ham slices (I used deli ham)
- 4 eggs
- 1 -2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- bleu cheese salad dressing (amount varies depending on personal tastes)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 toothpicks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- Heat skillet on medium heat. Pour in the olive oil.
- Crack two eggs and whisk them together in a bowl. Take breadcrumbs and also place in a separate bowl.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts.
- Place ham on the inside of the chicken so the ham is covering the majority of space on the chicken.
- Pour blue cheese salad dressing on the ham, making sure you spread the dressing evenly.
- Place another slice of ham over the dressing.
- Carefully, start rolling one side of the chicken until the bottom end is tucked.
- Grab two toothpicks and place one in each end.
- Do the same for the other chicken breast.
- Gently roll the chicken roll in the breadcrumbs, then egg, then breadcrumbs again. Place on the skillet. Do the same for the other breast.
- Cover. Turn the chicken every 5-8 minutes until the outside is crispy, then lower heat to allow the chicken to cook through if it isn't already.
- Get a small skillet ready on the stove stop by preheating it in med-high heat.
- Once the chicken is almost done, crack the egg on the skillet.
- Quickly pour the water in the pan and cover it with the plate.
- Once the egg and chicken are done serve the egg on top of the chicken.