Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This takes no time to put together. Serve with toast or crackers.
- 1 1⁄2 cups blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted almond
- Mash bleu cheese with a fork.
- Add butter, Tabasco and onion. Blend well. Form into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll balls in almonds. Cover and chill. Serve with crackers or toast and sliced cherry tomatoes.
Loved this! Served it at a dinner party and everyone raved. I live in a region that has phenomal choices of cheeses. There were so many Blue Cheeses to choose from. That's why I'll make this over and over again, it will be a bit different with each different cheese. I really couldn't taste the tobasco, might increase it just a bit, but not really sure it needs it. I used about 4 ounces of cheese (about a cup) and so used only 3/4 of the butter. I also rolled (mushed) it into one large ball. I used a real plain cracker to servie it with so that the bleu cheese was not interfered with. Next time I will use toasted hazelnuts instead of almonds. Lots of options for customization. Thanks di! Saving this one in my Entertaining cookbook!