Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been posted here for play in ZWT9 - Scandinavia. This recipe was found at website: Mindspring.com - Christian's Danish Recipes.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 apples, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter (more if necessary, for frying)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, small dabs
- 1 lemon, juice of, only
- Beat the eggs lightly and add the milk.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture, stirring in the ½ cup of cream as you mix.
- Fry the apple slices in butter in a skillet.
- Preheat oven to 500 degree.
- Cover the bottom of an oven-proof baking dish, or heavy skillet, with apples.
- Pour the batter over slices and bake in a preheated 500º oven.
- When nearly done (20 or 25 minutes, or until the pancake looks like a cooked omelet), remove from oven and sprinkle here and there with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon to taste.
- Place dabs of butter on the pancake and return to oven until browned.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with lemon juice, and cut into triangles.
Today we had a late breakfast and we found that it would nice to have something smaller for lunch. After a short search in Kato's recipe I found that this is the perfect recipe.<br/>I prepared this this for 4 peoples and we all enjoyed it very much ... it was so good in 15 minutes all was gone!<br/>The recipe was perfect, the dough had the right consistence even after the minor change I did using milk instead of cream.<br/>Thanks a lot for this dessert/snack! :)