Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from an old issue of Vegetarian Times. It’s a pale green color, and they recommend serving it with mild crackers or vegetables and garnishing with red pepper.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 hardboiled eggs, quartered
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooked green beans, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Saute the onions in butter or margarine until softened.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish and cool until ready to serve. Garnish with red pepper slices.
Tastes better than it looked, some of our party liked this dip the best, and its calories are half of the competing bean dips. For a brighter green (than I got), cook the green beans until slightly crunchy, then chill with crushed ice, then drain well before adding to the blender. I enjoyed the taste of this dip very much. Made for 2013 My Three Chefs.