Recipe by conniecooks
Cool, creamy, and refreshing on a hot summer night. Try serving in an ice cold Martini glass. I have called the chilling time cooking time
- 1 large cucumber, peeled cut in chunks
- 1 medium onion, medium sized cut in chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 cup frozen cooked baby shrimp, squeezed dry
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, cucumber, garlic, buttermilk, yogurt, mustard, and basil or dill which ever you are using, and 1/2 shrimp in food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add rest of shrimp.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Garnish with small sprigs of basil or dill, depending on which you used.