Recipe by Montana Heart Song
You can serve cold. If you serve cold you can use Splenda sugar blend or Splenda brown sugar blend. This does not have to be cooked. If heated & served warm, use regular brown or white sugar.
Top Review by mrsoul51
Quick and easy. Great way to use 5-6 extra apples. But, as written way too sweet for us. I'd suggest adding the sugar AFTER you've processed the apples, and then adding it a little at a time. Of course, amount of sugar may vary with the tartness of the variety of apple you use.
- 3 cups fresh apples, slices
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar or 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 dashes salt or 2 dashes salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water,salt and lemon juice in blender.
- Add half of the apple slices with half of the sugar or Splenda blend.
- Pulse 3 or 4 times.
- Add other half of apples. Add the other half of sugar or Splenda blend and add allspice.
- Pulse until all is blended.
- Taste. If you want more sugar, add 1 tsp at a time. Stir until blended.
- Cover, chill and serve or serve immediately.
- This applesauce is not light colored. It is very good. There is a lot of water and whiteners in manufactured applesauces and I personally prefer making my own. When I don't want to open a whole quart of home canned I make this recipe.Very quick to prepare.