Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I went looking for this recipe and here is what I found from Bellybytes.com. I have not tried this as yet, so if you get to it before I do, please feel free to review and let me know how it turns out! Guessing on the servings & time as I have not made it yet. Sorry!
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 3 cups peeled and diced russet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or to taste, it goes on top as garnish when done.)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil.
- Add celery, onions and garlic; sauté until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except 1/3-cup parsley and cheese; bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Pour half of mixture into blender; puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining soup into blender; blend until coarsely chopped.
- Combine both mixtures.
- Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with remaining parsley and cheese.