Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the lightest, and most delicious melt in your mouth pancakes/waffles ever! Serve them with maple syrup or any other topping you enjoy. This is one of my Mom's recipes. She also looked for recipes that were healthy and tasty.
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup wheatberries
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Put 1 cup milk into blender, add 3/4 cups clean whole wheat kernels.
- Blend for 4 minutes.
- Assemble and add the remaining ingredients, blending a few seconds more.
- Pour on lightly oiled, hot griddle or waffle iron and bake until done.
I got 4 big pancakes out of this. I used 1 cup of wheat berries though. I'm new to wheat berries and I'll make them this way. I didn't cook the wheat berries before I'm not sure if I had to but they are great. I even forgot the honey and they're still good. Thanks.
Do you use dry wheatberries or ones soaked overnight? This recipe looks super yummy and I can't wait to hear back so I can make them!
These were pretty tasty. I thought the batter was a little runny so I added some quick oats to thicken it up a little. I think I made them too big. The family had a hard time finishing them. It is a good way to use some of the wheat I have though.