Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy way to prepare this versatile sauce. Enhances the flavour of vegetables, dinner crepes, and egg dishes. My favorite way is to serve it over asparagus.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients into blender or food processor and process.
- While blending add butter in a slow steady manner and continue blending.
- Heat mixture in a sauce pan until hot, but not boiling.
- Continue to stir while heating.