Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick, easy and virtually foolproof hollandaise sauce. The recipe can be doubled and if there happens to be left overs you can reheat in the microwave.
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice and pepper in blender container and blend until lemon color.
- Turn blender to high and very slowly add butter, blend until thick, about 30 seconds.
- To serve, heat sauce slowly in top of double boiler over hot water.
- An excellent addition to cooked veggies, fish or poached eggs.
- To reheat in the microwave: Pour the sauce into a microwave safe glass measuring cup.
- Heat at 30% power until heated through, stirring after every 30 seconds.
As far as I am concerned this is the ONLY way to make hollandaise! Quick, delicious and always turns out just right. One trick I learned years ago is to run VERY hot water into the blender, then dump it out and dry the blender right before you make the sauce. This keeps the sauce a bit warmer if you have other last minute things to do and no need for the double boiler. Thanks for posting, Paula.
Super fast, super easy, super good! Need I say more? I doubled the recipe, added 2 additional T. of lemon juice (I like my sauce lemony), and a pinch of salt. I must have had industrial strength organic omega-3 egg yolks, though, because by the time I got it all back into the pan, it thickened up to an almost pudding consistency! I fixed this by adding a bit of water to thin it out. I also didn't bother with the double boiler. I melted the butter in a pan, poured it out into the blender, then poured all of the sauce back into the same pan, and put it back onto my still hot (but turned off) electric burner and stirred it occasionally until my fish was ready. I turned the heat on to low, just about 2 min. before everything was done just to make sure it was nice and hot. Thanks for sharing!
YUMMY!!!! I made this only on a double boiler and kept it moving with a whisk. I added some salt and pepper to taste and when it got a little too thick, I thinned it out with a splash of half and half. It was delicious!