Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
Between the microwave and the blender, this comes together in about two minutes flat. The hardest part is unwrapping the stick of butter! Or maybe separating the eggs? Excellent over asparagus, eggs, broccoli or other fresh veggies. I've even used it with pasta!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Melt butter in measuring cup in microwave.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender container.
- Cover container, start on "low", then remove cover and add melted butter in a SLOW drizzle.
- NOTE: 2 whole eggs may replace 3 egg yolks.
I have never made hollandaise sauce and not sure how it suppose to turn out. The sauce was a bit liquid but that might be because I used my handheld mixer. That said, I made half the recipe with a full egg and it was very good on asparagus and broccoli! Thanks Debber!