Recipe by JeriBinNC
Although I don't like this quite as much as custard pie made the traditional way, it's hard to beat the ease of this one. It's great when you want a comfort-food dessert without all the hassle.
Top Review by Lou
With the exception of the nutmeg, this is identical of an old, old recipe I used for years. Mine called for cinnamon. It was my husbands favorite pie. My daughter has since made it many, many times for her own family. This is an old, old beloved recipe. Easy, simple, and delicious! I always did hate making pie crusts!
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- nutmeg, to sprinkle on top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine milk, sugar, flour, eggs, butter, and vanilla in blender container; blend at medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm.
- It will form its own crust as it bakes.