Recipe by Quick Ideas From ME
I guess this really isn't a recipe... I woke up one morning and was looking for something fast and easy to cook for lunch. I took out left over chicken (can be grilled or pan-fryed) and got to work. This turned out be a wonderful fast treat.
Top Review by mianbao
This seemed like a good idea when I read the recipe, but turned out to be not quite as good as it appeared. As a way to make a sort of chicken spread, this does work, but I'm not so sure that's what I want in a quesadilla filling. Thinly sliced chicken with sliced cheese, chopped onion and chili would have a better mouth-feel. And, although the blender is quicker than a knife, a knife is a lot faster to wash. Anyway, it was an interesting experiment, and one I'll remember when I have tooth trouble. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (grilled or leftovers!)
- 1 cup American cheese (shredded)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 1⁄2 small onion (optional)
- 4 corn tortillas or 4 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the Chicken Breasts (grill or pan fry).
- Add all desired ingredients into a blender and blend on low until finely chopped and blended.
- On a slightly greased cookie sheet or pie dish, lay one tortilla down, and cover with chicken mixture from blender.
- Then place another tortilla on top and put in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.