Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This pancake recipe has the great flavor of cheese and eggs - definitely one of my favorites!
Make and share this Blender Cheese Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese, milk and vanilla in blender container.
- Cover; blend until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Blend on low speed just until mixed.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over moderate heat.
- Spoon the batter into hot skillet to make 4-inch pancakes.
- Cook over low heat until bubbles form on surface.
- Turn, cook other side until bottom is golden brown.
This is a wonderful recipe! My husband, son and I all really enjoyed them. My husband said they are his favourite pancakes now! I made them just as the recipe says and had no problems with consistency or anything. However, I will try them with ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Also, I have substituted 1/4 cup of the flour with oat bran to add some fiber. That works out just fine. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe, Chris from Kansas!
Very good (moist) and easy to make. I used freshly ground whole wheat and ricotta (didn't have cottage cheese and it's better for you anyways!) When I blended it, it didn't make a vortex, so I added a little more milk. I think it made it thin out too much. Next time I won't add the extra milk and see if they turn out more fluffy. Update: I've tried this with whole grain that I "cracked" in the blender and it turned out just as good. I think I'll try increasing the baking powder next time to get the pancakes not so thin.