Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This pancake recipe has the great flavor of cheese and eggs - definitely one of my favorites!
Top Review by Ginger 'n Spice
This is a wonderful recipe! My husband, son and I all really enjoyed them. My husband said they are his favourite pancakes now! I made them just as the recipe says and had no problems with consistency or anything. However, I will try them with ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Also, I have substituted 1/4 cup of the flour with oat bran to add some fiber. That works out just fine. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe, Chris from Kansas!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese, milk and vanilla in blender container.
- Cover; blend until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Blend on low speed just until mixed.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over moderate heat.
- Spoon the batter into hot skillet to make 4-inch pancakes.
- Cook over low heat until bubbles form on surface.
- Turn, cook other side until bottom is golden brown.