Recipe by mandabears
I hate beets, but for some weird reason, I like this soup. Serve chilled with a dollop of sour cream. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by Joel Friedland
I was going to post a similar recipe. This comes out fine. If you're keeping kosher, use a parve bouillion cube to make the broth.<br/><br/>It tastes like the borscht the Catskills hotels would serve at lunch. It looks great.
- 16 ounces canned beets, drained, reserve liquid
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth, I use low sodium College Inn
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- sour cream or plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the 2 cans of beets and 1/2 cup of beet liquid in blender jar.
- Puree until mixture is smooth.
- Add chicken broth, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper and puree again until mixture is smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Transfer to bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.