From The Joy of Cooking. This is like a taste of heaven. Wonderful on fillet of beef, vegetables, eggs, or fish. I could just eat it with a spoon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 29.58 ml tarragon vinegar
- 14.79 ml finely chopped shallots or 14.79 ml onion
- 0.59 ml white pepper
- 29.58 ml tarragon leaves (preferably fresh, but dried will do)
- 14.79 ml chervil
- 1 sprig fresh parsley or 14.79 ml dried parsley flakes
- 3 egg yolks
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml real butter (stick margarine will do in a pinch)
- 1Combine wine, vinegar, and herbs in the top of a double boiler.
- 2Cook until reduced by half.
- 3Mixture will be very concentrated; COOL.
- 4Have ready in your blender; above mixture, 3 egg yolks and salt.
- 5Blend about 5 seconds.
- 6Melt butter in a saucepan until bubbling, but DO NOT BURN.
- 7Remove center stopper from blender cap.
- 8Turn blender motor on HIGH; Pour HOT butter through opening in blender cap in a steady stream while motor is running, about 30 seconds.
- 9The sauce should be finished (about the consistency of thin mayonnaise).
- 10If not, blend on HIGH another 5 seconds.
- 11NOTE: Butter will be very hot and will cook the egg yolks, so you don't have to worry about eating raw eggs.
- 12Serve immediately, or you can keep warm by placing blender container in warm water.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blender Bearnaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1440.8
- Calories from Fat 1355
- Total Fat 150.6 g
- Saturated Fat 91.9 g
- Cholesterol 932.4 mg
- Sodium 2173.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: